Saturday 5 May 2007

Hi,

I was reading the life history of our honorable Ex President shri K R Narayanan & shrimati Usha Narayanan.

I thought of sharing with you too...,


"I see and understand both the symbolic as well as the substantive elements of my life. Sometimes I visualise it as a journey of an individual from a remote village on the sidelines of society to the hub of social standing. But at the same time I also realise that my life encapsulates the ability of the democratic system to accommodate and empower marginalised sections of society."

"MY husband and I were on a train journey," Usha Narayanan once recounted, "and at a wayside station I asked him to get me a cup of tea. When he returned, just as the train was steaming out, I saw him standing at the door of the compartment, teacup in one hand, trying busily to get rid of his chappal . `What are you doing?' I asked. "Oh, nothing. I accidentally dropped one of the pair at the platform... I can't get it back... What is the use of my keeping one when the man who finds the first will need both?'" ..., Read More ....,

A remarkable life-story

Kocheril Raman Narayanan

Wishes,
Prasad

No comments: